Somebody asked me this question on Quora
Entrepreneurs think SAME thing “differently”.
I worked in one of the corporate and my opponent was Non-Entrepreneur. Both were reported direct to CEO.
I was given New department, He already had own group and department and My way of working was totally different than him.
Here was the difference :
1. I always made new rules based on finding gaps in the existing system. He worked on rules that industry set in his previous company or normal corporate follows.
2. I trusted my team and delegated fast to make myself move fast to do bigger things, he planned, discussed alot before he delegated his work (mostly he kept watching, so half-heatedly delegation, kind of lack of trust on team)
3. I respected and had taken care of my team and made them feel respectable on the job, he believed using absurd language to put pressure on the team to bring output.
4. My reports were prepared by my team themselves, he spent most of the time preparing reports and meeting team to get reports.
5. I made PPTs quickly and present it with confidence, he got it prepared from the team and recited it before the presentation
6. I tried to meet people who can understand the value of my product, he always thought about “sales” target he could meet by getting sold his product to anyone ( even they need or not) just to safe his monthly salary. He sold more products than me but needed reference to sell it again, i sold same product to same people as they need the product.
At the end, when i left the company, he had networking on LinkedIn, but i had fans and followers at Facebook 😉
I always respect Non-Entrepreneur (Corporate Guys) because they crack SCALE faster than entrepreneurs and normally know better Growth Hacking skills than entrepreneurs and more systematic in approach. If given a chance (by investors) you must hire RIGHT CMO or COO under you 😉
PS : Know more Q&A at Fb Live at: goo.gl/W4fM7U or use #ASKrakeshSIDANA on facebook.